The list below reflects the base annual salaries (in Australian Dollars) across some of the health professions at SA Health which does not include other benefits that may be payable such as overtime or penalty payments for shift work, or other allowances that may be available depending on the role, qualifications and experience, professional development allowances. All employees are also entitled to the employer superannuation contribution which is 10% of the base salary in South Australia. In addition to this, employees may be able to access salary sacrifice benefits.
All roles fit into a classification structure which determines the responsibilities, skills, duties and salary. Listed below are the classification ranges and base salaries for each occupation.
Allied and Scientific Health
- Allied Health Professional - $65,487-$146,252 (AHP1-AHP6)
- Medical Scientist - $65,487-$157,032 (MeS1-MeS6B)
- Registered Nurse/Midwife - $68,481-$193,279 (RN/M1-RN/M6)
- Junior Medical Officers - $77,084-$135,949 (MDP1-MDP2)
- Senior Medical Officers - $140,153-$207,588 (MDP3-MDP4)
- Senior Consultants - $217,649-$286,784 (MD2)*
Please note that total remuneration packages for senior consultants including applicable allowances, superannuation, private practice, and professional development can range up to $492,119-$641,452 (MD2).
For more information about SA Health employee salaries and conditions see the Enterprise Bargaining webpage.
Find your health career
in South Australia.
orBrowse all jobs