Rehabilitation Clinics at SALHN
General rehabilitation clinics (including: Stroke, Technology Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Assessment and Retaining Independence for People with Memory Loss) are available which provide public and private (Medicare bulk billed) assessment for:
- older people who want advice on getting back to full function (eg from a broken hip or arm) after being in hospital and they haven’t fully recovered
- adults who have been in intensive care or have had cancer treatment and lost walking ability and independence
- adults who have a disability and want to know whether robotic treatment will help
- adults who may benefit from access to robotics eg the Lokomat
- adults who may benefit from a multidisciplinary program (3-6 weeks) Day Rehabilitation.
Please note: This clinic is not suitable for people who require physiotherapy only.
Appointments can take approximately 2 hours and can include seeing the following people
- rehabilitation physician
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Driving Fitness Assessment Clinic
- Disability Assessment Clinic
- Fragility Fracture Service
- Geriatric Medicine Clinics
- Neuro-Rehabilitation Clinic
- Post COVID Rehab Clinic
- SA Movement Analysis Centre (SAMAC)
- Spasticity Clinic
- Youth Rehabilitation Transition Clinic
- Palliative Care Clinic
Templates for GP systems
Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation and Aged Care Clinic Referral Form Template Zedmed (RTF 40KB)
Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation and Aged Care Clinic Referral Form Template Best Practice (RTF 75KB)
Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation and Aged Care Clinic Referral Form Template Medical Director (RTF 50KB)
Importing templates into Zedmed (PDF 57KB)
Importing templates into Best Practice (PDF 552KB)
Importing templates into Medical Director (PDF 106KB)
GP referral guidelines for outpatient services can be viewed at Southern Adelaide Local Health Network specialist and outpatient clinics.
For other health professionals
Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation and Aged Care Referral Form (PDF 352KB)
Outpatient Post COVID Rehab Clinic Referral form (PDF 106KB)
Send to Fax: (08) 8404 2263
For further clinical information about services, contact the Outpatient Clinic Coordinator on Telephone: (08) 8204 7839.
Telephone: (08) 8404 2269
Fax: (08) 8404 2263
Location: 4th Generation Clinics, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Building, Flinders Medical Centre
Directions: Use Southern Carpark, enter through Southern RAP Entrance.
Take corridor — destination is on the left.
Flinders Medical Centre Precinct Map (PDF 587KB)
Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Building - Level 4 (PDF 927KB)