Patients don’t always have to be in physical hospital to receive the care they need. My Home Hospital is a public, hospital level service delivering acute care to patients in the comfort and privacy of their own homes, including residential aged care and disability supported accommodation.
People may be eligible for My Home Hospital if they require treatment for:
- infections requiring IV antibiotics (e.g. cellulitis, pneumonia, mastitis)
- exacerbation of respiratory conditions
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE)
- heart failure
- post operative care
- gastrointestinal conditions
- other conditions for which home based hospital care is safe and appropriate.
Who provides My Home Hospital?
My Home Hospital is an SA Health service, delivered by a joint venture between Calvary Health Care and Amplar Health (Calvary Amplar Health JV Pty Ltd).
Backed by the strength of Calvary Health Care and Amplar Health since 2020 and drawing upon over 100 years of healthcare excellence in Australia, the Calvary Amplar Health Joint Venture is committed to advancing acute hospital-level virtual care, nationwide.
My Home Hospital is committed to:
- Patient choice - making your own choice about your healthcare is at the heart of My Home Hospital - the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
- Being patient-centred - you will be treated with dignity and respect and be consulted in decisions about your care.
- Holistic treatment – treating you as a whole person, and balancing your clinical, cultural and personal needs in a flexible, personalised approach.
- Coordinated care - bringing the healthcare services you need together in an approach that is easy to access and values communication with you, your family and/or carer, and other healthcare providers.
- Safety and quality are the cornerstone objectives of the service we provide.
My Home Hospital was developed through an extensive co-design process in partnership with people receiving care, their carers, loved ones and clinicians.