Neurology Services at Flinders Medical Centre
The Neurology Department provides a service for inpatients and outpatients with disorders of brain, nerves and muscle. Common disorders treated include:
- Movement Disorders – eg Parkinson’s Disease, other tremors and tic disorders, dystonia etc.
- Other neurodegenerative diseases – eg Huntington's disease, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Multiple Sclerosis and other immune disorders of the nervous system
- Diseases of muscle and nerves – eg MND, inflammatory disorders of muscle and nerve, muscular dystrophies etc.
- Neurogenetics – inherited neurological diseases
Consultative services are also provided to other areas in the hospital including the Emergency Department. Regionally, we provide a consultative service to Alice Springs Hospital.
The Department has a strong academic focus in basic and clinical research, including drug trials. Links with the Flinders Health and Medical Research Institute Neuroscience (FHMRI Neuroscience)” are close.
We are currently setting up subspecialty clinics in Movement Disorders and Stroke.
A request slip should accompany referrals from within FMC and for external referrals, a letter or request slip.
Telephone: (08) 8204 7777
Fax: (08) 8374 4928
Telephone: (08) 8204 4187
Fax: (08) 8204 6932