Public Health Policy Domain
Find Public Health
All SA Health policies that are overdue for review remain in force and continue to be applicable until they are rescinded or updated, irrespective of their scheduled review date.
The Public Health Domain encompasses the areas of disease prevention, infectious disease management, environmental health, food safety, water quality, and healthy life choices.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure a consistent system-wide approach to the delivery of public health services and the management of public health issues across SA Health.
- Ensure staff awareness of the requirements and standards that apply across SA Health for public health matters.
- Ensure our approach to public health is consistent and compliant with relevant state and national legislation and policies.
- Ensure effective governance for public health matters, and clarity of staff roles and responsibilities in the delivery of public health services and responses.
- We seek to improve and protect the health and wellbeing of the South Australian community.
- We apply a consistent system-wide approach to managing and responding to public health matters.
- We comply with relevant state and national legislation and policies relating to public health.
- We underpin our approach to managing public health matters with best practice research and evidence.
- We give confidence to the community that we have effective and efficient systems and processes in place to manage public health issues, including responding to public health emergencies.
Executive Director Health Protection and Licensing Services