Procurement Policy Domain
All SA Health policies that are overdue for review remain in force and continue to be applicable until they are rescinded or updated, irrespective of their scheduled review date.
The Procurement Domain encompasses the areas of procurement, contract management, supply chain management and disposal operations.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure a consistent system-wide approach to procurement-related matters across SA Health.
- Ensure staff awareness of the requirements that apply across SA Health for procurement-related matters.
- Ensure effective governance across SA Health for procurement-related activities, including clarity about roles and responsibilities for all staff, particularly relating to authorisations.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and state policy requirements for procurement-related matters.
- Provide information, frameworks, tools and resources to assist with managing relevant mandatory requirements associated with procurement-related activities in a consistent manner across SA Health.
- Ensure accountability, transparency and probity in decision making about procurement-related matters.
- We apply a consistent system-wide approach to procurement-related activities across SA Health.
- We adhere to SA Health-approved methods and processes for procurement-related activities.
- We seek to obtain the best value in the expenditure of public money to ensure optimal use of government resources.
- We apply fair and ethical treatment to all participants in procurement-related matters.
- We are committed to transparency and accountability in all procurement-related activities.
- We comply with relevant legislation and state policy requirements for procurement-related activities.
Executive Director Procurement and Supply Chain Management