Infrastructure and Asset Management Policy Domain
Find Infrastructure and Asset Management
All SA Health policies that are overdue for review remain in force and continue to be applicable until they are rescinded or updated, irrespective of their scheduled review date.
The Infrastructure and Asset Management Domain encompasses the areas of capital works, asset management, property, accommodation and facilities management.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure a consistent system-wide approach to the planning and management of assets and infrastructure across SA Health.
- Ensure staff awareness of the requirements that apply across SA Health for the planning and management of infrastructure and assets.
- Ensure effective governance across SA Health for infrastructure and asset management.
- Ensure compliance with state and national legislation and policy requirements for infrastructure and asset management.
- Provide information, frameworks, tools and resources to assist with managing mandatory requirements associated with infrastructure and assets in a consistent manner across SA Health.
- Ensure accountability and transparency in decision making about infrastructure and asset management, particularly in relation to financial resources.
- Ensure key risks associated with infrastructure assets are identified and well managed.
- We apply a consistent system-wide approach to the management of assets and infrastructure across SA Health.
- We optimise the performance of our assets to support SA Health service delivery and ensure service delivery needs are the primary driver for our infrastructure and asset management practices.
- We use funds and resources in the management of infrastructure and assets to support service delivery objectives and make decisions that do not compromise the long-term financial sustainability of SA Health.
- We ensure we are compliant with state and national legislative and policy requirements for infrastructure and asset management.
Executive Director Infrastructure