Employment, Work Health and Safety Policy Domain
Find Employment, Work Health and Safety
All SA Health policies that are overdue for review remain in force and continue to be applicable until they are rescinded or updated, irrespective of their scheduled review date.
The Employment, Work Health and Safety Domain encompasses the areas of work health and safety, employment, human resource management and industrial relations.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure awareness of SA Health’s requirements relating to employment, work health and safety matters.
- Ensure a consistent system-wide approach to the provision of information and high-quality advice regarding employee recruitment, engagement, benefits, obligations, and health and safety.
- Ensure a consistent system-wide approach to responding to employment, work health and safety matters.
- Articulate clear standards, roles and responsibilities for all staff about employment, work health and safety matters, and assist management to manage staff effectively against these.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with relevant industrial instruments, including the Public Sector Act 2009, Health Care Act 2008, Work Health Safety Act 2012 and the Return to Work Act 2014.
- We seek to provide a fair, safe and healthy work environment for all SA Health staff.
- We mitigate risk across SA Health by clearly setting out the requirements and supporting processes for managing and responding to employment, work health and safety matters.
- We give confidence to all SA Health staff that they will be treated consistently, fairly, and transparently on matters relating to employment, work health and safety.
- We are clear about SA Health roles and responsibilities for managing employment, work health and safety matters.
- We ensure our practices and approaches to the management of employment, work health and safety matters align with public sector best practice, relevant industrial instruments, state and national policy and legislation.
Executive Director Workforce Services