Thank you Flinders Heroes
18 August 2020
(Southern Health News, Autumn 2020)
There’s been overwhelming support from the community for our nurses, doctors, health workers, cleaners and scientists working tirelessly to keep our community safe on the frontline and behind the scenes at Flinders Medical Centre, Noarlunga Hospital, the Repat Health Precinct and in the community.
And of course there are the Flinders researchers looking at any new discovery which might help make inroads into the COVID-19 pandemic.
To help the community show its thanks, SALHN's charity partner, Flinders Foundation, has created Flinders Heroes - a place where the community can leave messages of thanks and a donation, to help support staff, patients and our community.
Sent in by generous supporters, patients and school children, the messages of thanks have been a great source of encouragement for staff working tirelessly across the network.
- Funds raised from the Flinders Heroes campaign have contributed to:
- Cups of coffee and meals for staff to enjoy after working long shifts
- Online relaxation meditation videos created by Arts in Health at FMC to help staff during stressful and anxious times
- Purchasing an additional FiT testing system for protective masks and a mechanical CPR device
- Establishing a gown testing facility at Tonsley
- Funding towards eight new Flinders University COVID-19 research projects to help make new discoveries into the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can read the messages of support and thanks at Flinders Heroes website and on the display walls located on Level 2 at FMC.