You can complete your Advance Care Directive Form (PDF 455KB) in more than one way:
- By hand
You can print and complete the Advance Care Directive Form by hand.
- Electronically and then print
You can complete your PDF Advance Care Directive Form electronically and then print it. Digital signatures for Substitute Decision-Makers and interpreters are available on the form.
You can complete your Advance Care Directive Form online.
You can also download and/or print the:
- Information Statement (PDF 94KB)
- Information for Substitute Decision-Makers (PDF 100KB)
- Appointing Additional Substitute Decision-Makers form (PDF 123KB)
- Information for Witnesses (PDF 106KB)
- Information for Interpreters (PDF 90KB)
Advance Care Directive kit
The Advance Care Directive kit (PDF 750KB) includes one Advance Care Directive Form and a step by step guide that has everything you need to know to complete your Advance Care Directive. This includes example statements, information for substitute decision makers, witnesses and interpreters, and other important information. There are also short instructions for completing the Advance Care Directive Form (PDF 200KB).
Alternatively, you can obtain a free professionally printed hard copy of the Advance Care Directive Kit:
- from Service SA to be delivered to an address (postage fees apply)
- in person from Service SA — see the list of Service SA Centre locations and their opening hours
- in person from selected local public libraries – see the list of public library locations.
Appointing Additional Substitute Decision-Makers
The Advance Care Directive Form allows you to appoint up to four Substitute Decision-Makers. To appoint any additional (more than four), you will need to complete the Appointing Additional Substitute Decision-Makers form (PDF 123KB) and attach it to your Advance Care Directive.
For more information on Substitute Decision-Makers see the Appointing Substitute Decision-Makers page.
View a completed example of the Advance Care Directive form (completed) (PDF 938KB).