Orroroo and District Health Service

Contact details

Orroroo and Districts Health ServiceFor all emergencies phone 000

Postal address: PO Box 73 Orroroo SA 5431

Orroroo and District Health Service provides acute services ranging from in-hospital care for adults and children by to outpatients and aged care beds.

Accident and emergency services

In a medical emergency phone 000 and await ambulance attendance. 

Interim GP Arrangements

From February 4 2019, GPs from Jamestown will be providing medical services to Orroroo Health Service 7 days a week.

Orroroo Hospital has reached an agreement with Goyder’s Line Medical in Jamestown for the clinic to provide GPs for consulting, emergency and inpatient services at Orroroo Health Service 7 days a week, as part of a new trial. The trial will run for six months from 4th February 2019.

This arrangement will ensure the Orroroo community is provided with consistency in their medical care.

Staff and community feedback

During the trial, Orroroo staff and residents are encouraged to give feedback on the arrangement to assist us with the evaluation. You can give feedback using the Consumer Feedback brochures available at the Orroroo Health Centre, Hospital and Community Home.

You can also give feedback by calling Orroroo Hospital on 8658 1054.

Mental health emergencies

If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please call 000.

Alternatively, telephone Rural and Remote Mental Health Service on 13 14 65 for mental health counselling, support and information 24 hours, 7 days.


Visiting hours

Visitors play an important part in any patient’s hospital stay, and visitors are welcome.

Any visitors who are required to be in the hospital building outside business hours will need to register at the admissions desk and receive an identity badge.

Car parking

Parking is available at the front of the hospital. There is also disabled parking on site.

Disabled access

Orroroo and District Health Service has full disability access. If you have special needs and are unsure, please contact reception who will assist you with your specific enquiry.