Physiotherapy Services at Flinders Medical Centre
Lymphoedema Clinic at Flinders Medical Centre
The Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) Lymphoedema Clinic is an outpatient service which provides patients in the South with lymphoedema treatment options, as well as access to compression garments.
- Lymphoedema assessment with an initial 1:1 consultation
- Patient education on lymphoedema management
- Advice re therapy options
- Tailored treatment programs
- Self-management strategies
- Lymphatic drainage massage
- Compression therapy comprising of multilayer bandaging and/or compression garments
What is lymphoedema?
Lymphoedema is a chronic swelling of part of the body. Most commonly it occurs as a side effect of cancer treatment when lymph nodes have been removed or damaged causing lymph fluid to build up in tissue under the skin.
Lymphoedema patients will require a referral from a medical practitioner or GP to attend the clinic.
Referrers must complete the SALHN Lymphoedema Clinic referral form (.DOC 897KB) and fax to 8204 3040.
For any enquiries please contact the Flinders Medical Centre Physiotherapy Department by calling 8204 5498.
Level 2 (near Northern Entrance)
Flinders Medical Centre
Phone: 8204 5498
Fax: 8204 3040 (for referrals)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4:30pm