Australasian Health Facility Guidelines (AHFG)
The Australasian Health Facility Guidelines (AHFG) are an initiative of the Australasian Health Infrastructure Alliance (AHIA), formerly the Health Capital and Asset Management Consortium. They are being developed with the aim of good practice health facility design by establishing consistent and universally accepted set of facility guidelines that assist in the efficient design of health facilities.
Infrastructure within the South Australian Department for Health and Wellbeing is overseeing the implementation of the Australasian Health Facility Guidelines on behalf of the Health Portfolio and participates in the ongoing development and review of the Guidelines.
Predicted outcomes from the use of the guidelines are:
- more effective and efficient briefing and design processes, and
- health care facilities that better support service delivery needs, models of care and organisational policies.
Key reference links
- PC028 - SA Government Construction Procurement Policy: Project Implementation Process (PDF 548KB)
- Strategic Infrastructure Plan for SA
- PC024 - Integration of South Australia's Strategic Plan into Government Agency Planning Processes (PDF 987KB)
- Ecologically Sustainable Development Guide Note - Planning, Design and Delivery
- Disability Access Guide
- Australasian Health Facility Guidelines – general reference list.