Endocrine and metabolic outpatient service in CALHN
The Central Adelaide Endocrine and Metabolic service provides inpatient and outpatient services for patients living in the Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN) with endocrine and metabolic disorders. Priority service is provided to disorders which cause severe metabolic derangement or are potentially life-threatening, if untreated.
Areas of expertise
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Addison's Disease
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Type I
- Type II
- Disorders of the bone/Calcium metabolism
- Paget's Disease
- Disorders of cholesterol/Lipid metabolism
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
- Thyroid nodules
- Grave's Disease
Services are also provided to patients referred from rural and remote areas, including the Northern Territory, South West New South Wales and the Riverland.
Separate CALHN Diabetes outpatient service information is available for more diabetes specific information.
Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH)
Outpatient Department, Level 3 and Level 5E.01.
Royal Adelaide Hospital
Port Road SA 5000
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH)
Orthopaedic Outpatients, Ground floor, Area 2
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
28 Woodville Road, Woodville SA 5011
- Clinics operate across both sites Monday – Friday for various endocrine disorders.
- Rapid access clinics for urgent review operate in conjunction with these clinics.
* bulk billed
- Prof. Michael Horowitz — Director of Unit (RAH)
- Prof. Peter Clifton
- Dr Penny Coates
- Dr Sunita De Sousa
- Dr Natalie Giles
- Dr Tony Roberts
- Prof. David Torpy - Deputy Director
- Prof. Gary Wittert
- Dr Emily Meyer
- Dr Lucy Gagliardi
* bulk billed
- Doctor (Dr) David Jesudason* — Head of Unit (TQEH)
- Dr Lucia Gagliardi*
- Dr Narsing Laddipeerla*
Metabolic Bone Clinic
The metabolic bone clinic offers public and private (Medicare bulk billed) services to people with newly diagnosed or potential osteoporosis or for those who need ongoing assistance, as well as people with osteopaenia. The clinic also manages other metabolic bone diseases such as Paget’s disease.
Clinic operates at the RAH Outpatients Department level 5E.