Secure Messaging allows secure delivery of patient clinical documents electronically between health professionals and organisations, including between SA Health and community healthcare practitioners.
Secure messaging enables the receipt of clinical documents by practices, directly into your conformant clinical information system software, making it a more efficient solution than fax, post or the temporary ShareFile tool.
How this will benefit my patients and my practice
How this is being used
All Adelaide metropolitan hospitals and select country hospitals now have secure messaging capability.
Currently SA Health can send the following documents* by secure messaging:
- Discharge/separation summaries
- Clinical summary
- Nursing and Midwifery discharge letter
- Neonatal discharge summary
- ED Visit
- Due to technical constraints, some hospitals will continue to send some of these documents by existing methods and not by secure messaging
Phased activation for eligible Practices
SA Health will introduce secure messaging in a phased roll out over the coming months. Eligible practices will be invited by email from SA Health.
Interested practices should review the below fact sheets for guidance on becoming eligible:
- Activating Secure Messaging for your Practice (PDF 81KB)
- How we Identify your Electronic Address (PDF 246KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions - Activation (PDF 202KB)
Once your practice has been activated, you can familiarise yourself with the following support information.
Finding the Clinical Documents
If your specific software is not listed here please contact your practice management software company for more help.