SA Ambulance Service
As the principal provider of ambulance services across South Australia, SA Ambulance Service (SAAS) services include:
- Triple zero (000) call receipt and patient triage
- pre-hospital emergency and urgent care, treatment and/or transport
- non-emergency patient care and transport
- emergency and major event management
- rescue and emergency medical retrieval services.
SAAS also provides the following services:
- coordination of State Rescue Helicopter Services, via the SAAS Emergency Operations Centre
- management of the Royal Flying Doctor Service contract for fixed-wing interhospital air transfers
- collaboration with Flinders University to deliver the Bachelor of Paramedic science, the Master of Health Services (Pre-Hospital and Emergency Care), theGraduate Diploma in Intensive Care Paramedic Studies, and the Master of Retrieval Practitioner degree courses
- collaboration with James Cook University to deliver the Postgraduate Certificate in Aeromedical Retrieval and Master of Public Health degree courses provision, as a registered training organisation, of in-house, nationally accredited training to SAAS staff
- provision and administration of the Ambulance Cover subscription scheme
- management of Call Direct, a 24-hour personal monitoring emergency service.
SA Ambulance Service (SAAS) is committed to saving lives, reduce suffering and enhance quality of life, through the provision of accessible and responsive quality patient care and transport.
To ensure all patients receive the right care, some patients will be transported to the most appropriate hospital, which may not always be the closest one, or the one they have been treated at before. Patients will be transported to the hospital that provides the best clinical care for their condition.
In an emergency, always call triple zero (000) for expert medical assistance.
For general inquiries and ambulance service information:
Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
Visit the SAAS website for information about the SAAS Disability Access and Inclusion Plan.
Freedom of information
For information about SA Ambulance Service Freedom of Information and how to make an application, please visit the SAAS website.