SA Ambulance Service
As the principal provider of ambulance services across South Australia, SA Ambulance Service (SAAS) services include:
- Triple zero (000) call receipt and patient triage
- pre-hospital emergency and urgent care, treatment and/or transport
- non-emergency patient care and transport
- emergency and major event management
- rescue and emergency medical retrieval services.
SAAS also provides the following services:
- coordination of State Rescue Helicopter Services, via the SAAS Emergency
- Operations Centre
- management of the Royal Flying Doctor Service contract for fixed-wing interhospital
- air transfers
- collaboration with Flinders University to deliver the Bachelor of Paramedic
- science, the Master of Health Services (Pre-Hospital and Emergency Care), the
- Graduate Diploma in Intensive Care Paramedic Studies, and the Master of
- Retrieval Practitioner degree courses
- collaboration with James Cook University to deliver the Postgraduate Certificate in
- Aeromedical Retrieval and Master of Public Health degree courses
provision, as a registered training organisation, of in-house, nationally accredited
- training to SAAS staff
- provision and administration of the Ambulance Cover subscription scheme
- management of Call Direct, a 24-hour personal monitoring emergency service.
SA Ambulance Service (SAAS) is committed to saving lives, reduce suffering and enhance
To ensure all patients receive the right care, some patients will be transported to the most appropriate hospital, which may not always be the closest one, or the one they have been treated at before. Patients will be transported to the hospital that provides the best clinical care for their condition.
For general inquiries and ambulance service information:
Telephone: 1300 13 62 72
Fax: (08) 8271 4844
Office address: 216 Greenhill Road Eastwood South Australia
Postal address: GPO Box 3 Adelaide SA 5001
In an emergency, always call 000 for expert medical assistance
Freedom of information
For information about SA Ambulance Service Freedom of Information and how to make an application, please visit the SAAS website.