News and media
SA Health provides all South Australians with access to the most recent and relevant information about their health services.
Media releases provide the media and public with the latest news about SA Health's services, initiatives, campaigns and events.
All media enquiries should be directed to the SA Health Media Line on (08) 8226 6488.
For the latest media releases, see the following pages:
- All media releases
- Central Adelaide LHN media releases
- Northern Adelaide LHN media releases
- Southern Adelaide LHN media releases
- Regional LHNs
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network media releases
- Eyre and Far North Local Health Network media releases
- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network media releases
- Limestone Coast Local Health Network media releases
- Riverland Mallee Coorong Local Health Network media releases
- Yorke and Northern Local Health Network media releases
- Women's and Children's Health Network media releases
As a requirement of public health protection practice, SA Health is required to notify medical professionals of important incidents concerning public health.
The release of Public Health Alerts and Public Health Information provides urgent information to doctors about communicable disease and other public health incidents that may have an impact on the health of South Australians.
A list of recent health alerts is available.
The aim of the medication safety alerts is to disseminate quality and safety information to health services to ensure lessons learned from statewide, national and international sources are shared across the South Australian health system in an active manner.
Each alert specifies action to be taken by health services, the timeframe in which such action must occur, and specific responsibility for the actions.
A list of recent of medication alerts is available.
SA Health uses social media for the distribution of health information, tips, alerts, news and event updates. In certain circumstances, for example State emergencies, SA Health may also use social media to inform the public and its stakeholders directly with information updates.
Join the conversation on: