Food Safety Week
The Food Safety Information Council runs Australian Food Safety Week (AFSW) in November every year. The aim of AFSW is to promote relevant food safety messages to the general public and the food industry, ultimately to reduce the incidence of food borne illness in Australia.
Food Safety Week 2019: ‘Excellent Eggs – Handle Them Safely’
This year Australian Food Safety Week is all about Excellent Eggs and how to handle them safely. Eggs are an important part of many Australians diets providing a good source of protein and unsaturated fat (‘the good fat’), however if handled poorly eggs can lead to illness, particularly in vulnerable people.
In support of Australian Food Safety Week 2019, SA Health is promoting a range of information and resources about eggs and safe egg handling via social media and our website so that food businesses and the public are equipped to make egg dishes that really are excellent!
The following topics are available on our website:
- Egg safety in the home
- Egg safety, why is it important?
- Safe egg handling
- Raw egg products
- Keeping your own chickens
- Myths and facts about eggs
- Egg food safety
- For food businesses
- Eggcellent egg safety tips infographic (JPG 88KB), SA Health
- Know how to prevent salmonella? infographic (JPG 1MB), SA Health
- Egg Safety Reminder pamphlet (PDF 1592KB), Australian Eggs
- Pasteurised eggs poster (PDF 509KB), Food Safety Information Council
- Excellent eggs handle them safely poster (PDF 609KB), Food Safety Information Council