Blood Inventory and product and fridge registers
The BloodSafe Program has developed a number of resources to assist with the storing of blood and blood products, and the location of laboratories holding blood stocks.
Registers for blood and blood products
A series of blood product registers for recording the receipt, storage and issue of blood and blood products:
- Albumin Solution Register BS11 (PDF 191KB)
- Anti-D Immunoglobulin Register BS10 (PDF 189KB)
- Cryoprecipitate (Cryo) Register BS09 (PDF 195KB)
- Emergency Red Cells Register BS02(PDF 195KB)
- Factor IX Register BS08 (PDF 191KB)
- Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP) Register BS07 (PDF 195KB)
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Register BS05 (PDF 193KB)
- Platelet Register BS04 (PDF 194KB)
- Prothrombinex (PTX) Register BS03 (PDF 187KB)
- Red Cells Non-Emergency Register BS01 (PDF 194KB)
- Other Immunoglobulin Register BS06 (PDF 189KB)
Tools and fact sheets relating to the storage of blood and blood products in designated fridges:
- Blood Fridge Maintenance Record BS41 (PDF 96KB) - A blood fridge register/log book for recording quality assurance and maintenance of blood fridges
- Fridge sticker - 'Not for Blood' (PDF 18KB) - A reminder sticker that can be placed on ward, vaccine and domestic fridges to remind health care workers that these fridges are not suitable for storage of blood components.
- Storage of vaccines in a compliant blood refrigerator (PDF 41KB) - advice on the storage of vaccines in designated blood fridges
SA Health Blood Inventory App
A blood and blood product location map of South Australia which is inclusive of all public metropolitan and regional laboratories and those regional hospital sites holding emergency blood products.