A list of Aboriginal health or community services near you
Aboriginal health services at Noarlunga and Clovelly Park
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health actively support local Aboriginal people to work towards improving their health and the health of their community.
The team provides services which are culturally appropriate, accessible and responsive to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who live in the southern region of Adelaide.
Services are offered at two sites, Noarlunga and Clovelly Park, and are set up as walk in centres. Clients are seen and assessed by culturally appropriate qualified health worker teams.
- well person health checks
- chronic disease management
- child health checks
- pregnancy and early infant support
- referrals to GP and specialist services
- health education and health promotion activities
- client advocacy and advice with community services
At both sites:
- all services provided in the clinic are free for eligible clients only
- wheelchair access is available
- some transport can be provided for eligible clients
- you can receive notification and follow up regarding results of investigations via telephone, SMS or postal letter
Noarlunga - in an Emergency, dial 000 or go to the Noarlunga Hospital Emergency Department.
Clovelly Park - in an Emergency, dial 000 or go to the Flinders Medical Centre Emergency Department.
Feedback or complaints regarding our services can be provided in writing via our feedback pamphlets available at our clinic locations or to the Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner by phone on 1800 232 007 or in writing to;
PO Box 199, Rundle Mall SA 5000
Patient privacy and confidentiality at our services is maintained in accordance with the principles as outlined in the Australian Charter of Health Care Rights. Further details on how we maintain privacy and confidentiality can be found in SA Health’s ‘Your Rights and Responsibilities’ pamphlet.
Our GP staff
- Dr Kali Hayward, MBBS, FRACGP - available on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Dr Michelle Bates, BMBS, FRACGP - available on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Dr Stephanie Hendrijanto, MD (GP Registrar) - available on Mondays and Wednesdays
Clovelly Park Clinics
- Dr Sine Aberdour, MD, FRACGP - available on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Dr Matthew Bourke, MBBS, FRACGP - available on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Dr Annapurna Nori, MBBS, FRACGP, MSc, FAFPHM - available on 3rd Thursdays of every month
- Dr Aabha Kalro, MBBS, DCH, FRACP, MPH – every Tuesday
Our Aboriginal Health Practitioners
- Desmond Wilson
- Jacqueline Lovett
- Russell Carbine
- Audrey Taylor
- Derek Francis
Our Registered Nurses
- Naomi Lewis
- Scott Bendall
- Janine Von Bibra
- Sarah Cooper
Child Health Nurse
- Janelle McIntosh
- Mandy Hodshon – available on Wednesdays , Thursdays and Fridays
Aboriginal Family Clinic
Location: Alexander Kelly Drive, Noarlunga Centre
Telephone: (08) 8384 9577
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Aboriginal Family Clinic (Minunthi Tapa Inparrititya)
Location: 9-11 Wingfield Street, Clovelly Park
Telephone: (08) 8179 5900 - Clinic
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.00pm.