SERCHS provides comprehensive integrated, quality health care to the community in Mt Gambier and surrounding districts
Visit Mount Gambier and Districts Health Service
Visitors play an important part in any patient’s stay. Visitors are encouraged to visit within the following times:
11.00 am to 8.00 pm daily
1.00 pm to 2.00 pm and 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm daily
- all visitors must wear a surgical mask
- visitor numbers are not restricted however, we ask that you continue to comply with physical distancing and room capacity notices.
- One visitor per patient (exceptions are at the discretion of nursing and midwifery staff, whom permission should first be obtained).
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask.
When not to visit
- been a known contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 for 7 days from exposure (except for the purposes of obtaining medical care or medical supplies).
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
Things to consider when visiting us
- Please obtain permission to visit from the nurse.
- All visitors to the High Dependency Unit must ring the bell and ask for permission to visit.
- Food, sweets and drinks for patients must be checked with the nurse, as many patients are on special diets.
- To avoid inconvenience to other patients, only two people may visit each patient at any one time.
- Please show consideration for patients by behaving quietly, and observing restrictions on visiting.
- Visiting children are the responsibility of their parent or adult carer and should be supervised at all times. Please keep noise to a minimum.
- Furniture is placed to ensure rapid access to rooms in emergencies. This also means that seating for visitors is restricted.