Flinders Cancer Wellness Program
Due to the Covid-19 response we have decided to suspend all of the services in the Wellness Centre.
To support people affected by cancer to recover and thrive; through care, research and strong engagement with the community.
People affected by cancer receive world-class treatment at the Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer. But there are many more services which can be offered to improve their health and wellbeing.
The Flinders Cancer Wellness Program aims to address the unmet needs of people affected by cancer by providing them with the best possible holistic support that encompasses all aspects that contribute to a healthy life.
Feedback provided by people affected by cancer has informed the development of the cancer wellness program. Some of their major unmet needs which will be addressed through the cancer wellness program include:
- Access to health information and support
- Exercise services and advice to cope with fatigue associated with cancer treatment
- Psychology services
- Advice and support about diet and nutrition
- Financial advice and practical support
The Flinders Cancer Wellness Centre, located in the Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer, will be the focal point for the Cancer Wellness Program.
The centre offers welcoming and private spaces for individuals, families and groups. Inside you will find comfortable seating, tea and coffee making facilities, mobile charging stations and computers, free WiFi, books, board games and puzzles.
Friendly volunteers from the FMC Volunteer Service will welcome you and offer support on arrival at the Flinders Cancer Wellness Centre.
The centre has been developed by Flinders Foundation and made possible through the generous support of the South Australian community including radio station MIX102.3 and the Dry July Foundation.
Wellness services for people affected by cancer
A range of services will initially be offered to people affected by cancer to address many of their unmet needs and these services will continue to grow, including:
- Health information library
- Access to a Cancer Council SA Outreach Nurse
- Online programs to improve physical and mental wellbeing
- Public seminars and information sessions from health professionals
- Exercise and physical activity services
- Arts in Health services including art and music therapies
- Support from the FMC Volunteer Service and
- Cancer Council Volunteers
- Large meeting spaces for cancer support groups and a range of Cancer Council Services
- Spiritual care support
- Other therapeutic activities that promote wellness including meditation
How you can support people affected by cancer
You can support the Flinders Cancer Wellness Program and thousands of people who need help to ease the burden of cancer. By donating to Flinders Foundation, the official charity of Flinders Medical Centre, more programs and services can be offered to people affected by cancer.
Visit flindersfoundation.org.au or contact the Flinders Foundation team on (08) 8204 5216.
Ground floor of the Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer, Flinders Drive, Bedford Park.
Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 4.30 pm (closed on public holidays).
For more information
Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer
Flinders Drive, Bedford Park SA 5042
Telephone: (08) 8204 5216