An overview of the types of controls in the regulations under the Controlled Substances Act 1984
Poisons Regulations - Information sheets and application forms
Below is a list of licences issued by the Department for Health and Wellbeing under the Controlled Substances (Poisons) Regulations.
See the Medicines, poisons and pest control licences page for detailed information on:
- Guidelines and Codes of Practice
- Fee payment
- Contact information
How to apply
All medicines and poisons licences are to be applied for on the Medicines and Poisons Licence Applications page. These include:
- Schedule 2 Medicine Seller’s Licence
- Schedule 7 Retail Seller’s Licence
- Licence to Possess, Supply and/or Administer a Schedule 4 Prescription Drug and/or a Schedule 8 Controlled Drug
- Licence to Possess a Regulation 25 Poison
- Manufacturer’s Licence
- Wholesaler’s Licence
All Research, Instruction, Training or Analysis Permits and Authority to Prescribe Regulation 19 Drugs can be applied for on the Research Permit or Reg 19 Authority Applications page.
All requests for amendment to an existing Medicines or Poisons Licence, Research Permit or Regulation 19 Authority can be applied for on the Amendment Applications page.
- Medicine seller’s information sheet (PDF 23KB)
- S4/S8 drugs information sheet (PDF 21KB)
- Authority to prescribe Regulation 19 drugs information sheet (PDF 20KB)
- Retail seller’s information sheet (PDF 27KB)
- Regulation 25 poisons information sheet (PDF 23KB)
- Manufacturer’s information sheet (PDF 26KB)
- Wholesaler’s information sheet (PDF 25KB)
- Research Instruction or Training Permit information sheet (PDF 17KB)
Print ready documents
The documents on this page are able to be downloaded and sent to a professional printer. These documents should be set up ready for print. The Printing Instructions (PDF 261KB) will help guide you to be able to print the materials in a similar way to what they are provided by SA Health.