Charity and community groups and food safety
The definition of sell includes activities such as a sports club selling sausage sizzles or a church group’s annual stall selling donated food. Sell includes requesting a donation for a food or charging for a food as part of a service, such as supper provided at a cabaret.
The following information is provided to assist charity and community groups in understanding how the food legislation applies to these types of organisations.
- Introduction - information kit for charities and community groups (PDF 66KB)
- an introduction to the new food safety standards
- skills and knowledge
- temperature control
- sausage sizzles and barbecues
- preparing and cooking food
- transporting food
- health and hygiene for food handlers