Be curious about nature and discover something new.
PHD student, Georgia, says nature helps her to concentrate and provides many opportunities to keep learning. Learning new things and challenging your mind will give you a sense of achievement. Learn something new regularly. Discover new things in nature, or in your own backyard. Why not learn how to grow your own food? Or give some of these a try:
- Learn how to cook something different with ingredients you’ve learned to grow.
- Take a trip to a wildlife park and learn about the animals.
- Build a worm farm or compost system in your backyard.
- Learn how to grow something different. The cold weather is the perfect time to learn about planting some natives in your garden.
- Learn a new campfire recipe and test it out on your next camping trip.
- Visit the observatory and learn about the constellations.
- Consider volunteering for an organisation or cause where you can learn new skills and immerse yourself in nature.
- Become a citizen scientist and help local conservation and recovery efforts.
- Get in touch with your local Natural Resources Management Board and see what you can learn and experience in your local area.