Make time for people and enjoy the world around you.
Connecting with family, friends, or people in your community, will give you a sense of belonging. Why not spend time with them in nature? Meet new people at a community event or spend time in the backyard with your family. Other ways that you can connect with people include:
- Go for a walk with a friend and greet the people you walk past.
- Organise a family picnic in a local park.
- Join a nature based walking group to meet new people and discover new parks.
- Join a community garden and meet new people from all walks of life. Connect by sharing seeds, plants and tips for growing.
- Plan a camping trip. There are plenty of great camping spots close to metropolitan Adelaide if you are looking for a quick escape. Or if you are looking for a more remote getaway, Park of the Month, Mount Remarkable National Park, has great camping facilities.
- Why not do a lockout? Lock yourself out of the house or office for one hour to connect with others and nature! Go for a walk with a friend, share a picnic in your local park, meet new people at a community event or spend time in the backyard with your family.