The food we eat and liquids we drink provide our bodies with energy. This energy is measured in kilojoules (kJ). Eating and drinking well is about more than energy and kilojoules though.
Eating and drinking well helps to nourish our body by:
- providing the essential energy and nutrients we need to get through the day
- keeping our immune system strong
- reducing our risk of developing serious health conditions such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, some cancers or osteoporosis
- improving concentration
- keeping our teeth and gums healthy
- reducing stress and helping to maintain mental health and wellbeing
Further information about how to look after your health and wellbeing can be found on the Wellbeing SA website.