South Australian elder abuse prevention phone line
The South Australian Elder Abuse Prevention Phone Line is a confidential, state wide service.
Speak Up and Help Stop Elder Abuse. If you are concerned speak to someone today – call 1800 372 310.
The phone line is staffed Monday to Friday.
- Has anyone taken money without your permission?
- Has anyone not returned belongings or valuables they borrowed from you?
- Has anyone tried to force you to sign papers or to use your money against your will?
- Has anyone made you afraid, unsafe, or hurt you physically?
- Does anyone pressure you to do things that you don’t want to do?
- Does anyone’s behaviour upset, frighten or make you feel worthless?
It is estimated that 1 in 20 older people may experience abuse by someone they know and trust. For every case, five cases go unreported.
You are not alone. Talk to someone today. The South Australia Elder Abuse Prevention Phone Line can help you.
The South Australian Elder Abuse Prevention Phone Line is a confidential phone line that members of the community can call if they or someone they know is concerned about elder abuse. It is a safe place to talk and phone line staff will understand what you are going through.
Phone line staff can help you find services, provide you with important information about your rights, or advice that can help your situation.
Remember you can remain anonymous.