Borderline Personality Disorder resources
- BPD SA has been developed by the Private Mental Health Consumer Carer Network (Australia) Limited. It is designed to provide a central point for information for consumers, carers, family members and health providers about borderline personality disorder and the support services including referral requirements, available in South Australia. It does not directly provide support services for people with BPD or their families, friends or carers but does provide links to information from other providers to help to navigate what is available in South Australia.
- Project Air is the personality disorder strategy in New South Wales, which aims to support better services for people with personality disorders and their families and carers. It provides multiple resources which can be freely accessed online. These resources include personal accounts of lived experiences, treatment guidelines, fact sheets, advertised training opportunities (including online options and advertised conferences), training DVDs, therapy cards, posters, videos and newsletters.
- Spectrum Personality Disorder Service is Victoria’s state-wide Centre of Clinical Excellence for Personality Disorders. It also offers online resources which can be accessed freely. These include a discussion regarding online forums, websites and recommended apps. There are also useful tips regarding strategies for coping with BPD and other relevant information for those in crisis as well as publications for purchase. The Spectrum website also advertises upcoming conferences and events.
- The Australian BPD Foundation offers resources for people with BPD including information on coping skills, DBT skills application videos, recommended apps, meetup online groups and links to BPD relevant websites. There is also information regarding forthcoming training and conferences, news and events. The BPD Foundation website also offers a breakdown of available resources on a state by state basis.
- Mental Health Professional Network offers a webinar library regarding BPD which can be freely accessed online.
- National Health and Medical Research Council - Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of Borderline Personality Disorder (2012).
Project Air factsheets
Useful Project Air factsheets include:
- What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
- Guide to Borderline Personality Disorder (RANZCP)
- What treatment is available to me?
- Mental Health Support Services
- Self-help factsheets
- Understanding and responding to children’s feelings
- Mindful parenting during child play time
- Creating safety limits with children.