Keeping your food safe
Safe food is an important part of everybody's lifestyle. Sometimes, food can make us sick if we do not handle it correctly. Knowing how to keep your food safe can help you to reduce the risk of becoming sick.
- Shopping and storing of food at home
- Personal hygiene and food safety
- Thawing, cooking and reheating food
- Handling and preparing food
- Safe school lunches
- Picnics, camping and food safety
- Preventing food poisoning at home
- Food safety in an emergency
- Egg safety in the home
- Pasteurised milk v's raw milk
Food Safety Ambassador, Adam Liaw
Each year an estimated 5.4 million Australians contract a food borne illness. Adam Liaw, SA Health Food Safety Ambassador, reminds us that good food safety practices are essential in any kitchen to prevent contamination.
See Adam Liaw's videos on good food safety practices in the kitchen.