World Oral Health Day 20 March 2019
SAY Ahh... Act on Mouth Health!
Take care of your oral health to protect your mouth and body.
It's never too early or too late to start looking after your oral health.
World Oral Health Day takes place every year, and this year the theme is 'think mouth think health', your mouth is a mirror to your body and reflects your general health and well-being.
- Avoid risk factors
- Adopt good oral health habits
- Have regular dental check ups
- Use a small soft toothbrush to clean your teeth morning and night.
- Children aged up to 17 months do not need fluoride toothpaste.
- Children aged 18 months to 5 years, use a pea-sized amount of low fluoride children's toothpaste.
- Children aged 6 years and up and adults, used a pea-sized amount of fluoride (opens in a new window)toothpaste.
- Replace your toothbrush regularly.
- For more information please see our step by step guide on brushing your teeth(opens in a new window).
- Limit soft drinks, energy drinks, cordials and juices.
- Choose healthy snacks between meals such as fruit, vegetables, plain yoghurt and cheese.
- Plain tap water is the best drink for your teeth.
- Most of South Australia’s tap water is fluoridated, which helps protect teeth against decay.
- For more information please see our Dental care and Tap water page.
Regular dentist visits
For more information about World Oral Health Day visit www.worldoralhealthday.org