Physiotherapy outpatient services in CALHN
Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN) Physiotherapy outpatient services are provided at both the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH). While many services are provided at both sites, patients may need to be directed to a particular site for management of specific conditions.
- Adult musculoskeletal conditions
- Burns outpatients (state-wide)
- Patients referred from the RAH Pain Management Unit with chronic pain
- Haemophilia (state-wide)
- Hand therapy
- Lymphoedema (limited service and eligibility - contact TQEH/RAH directly)
- Patients with a chronic respiratory disease who may benefit from instruction in airway clearance techniques
- Assessment and treatment of pelvic floor function and continence issues (males and females)
Services not provided
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s, stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, spasticity
- Bandaging/garments for vascular conditions
- Exercise prescription for weight control
- Soft tissue massage only
- Paediatric conditions
- Return to work/Industrial Rehabilitation/Work Cover/Motor Accident claims or any compensable condition
Referrals are accepted from all inpatient specialities across CALHN as well as specialist outpatient clinics, general practitioners (GP’s), allied health clinicians and other health care providers.
All referrals are triaged within 24 hrs to determine the clinical urgency of the patient’s condition.
Wait times will vary depending on the patient’s clinical need and the level of demand on the service.
- Clinic fax (for referrals): (08) 7074 6247
- Appointment enquiries: review / change or cancellation of appointment: (08) 1300 153 853
- Clinic fax (for referrals): (08) 8222 6100
- Appointment enquiries: review / change or cancellation of appointment: (08) 8222 6621
How to access that clinic
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you within clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
Please refer to the information sheets below for information regarding the outpatient service.
- Specialist outpatient clinics FAQs (PDF 255KB)
- Outpatient Clinic Appointments patient information and responsibilities (PDF 244KB)
Please refer to the outpatient map below and present to your designated clinic on the day of your appointment.