Falls prevention outpatient services in CALHN
The Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN) Community Falls Prevention Service is part of the Geriatric services for CALHN, covering Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH).
Falls assessment clinics provide multi-disciplinary assessment and management for older people with complex falls related presentations. The geriatrician-lead team consists of an occupational therapist, physiotherapist and nurse. There are two falls clinics within the CALHN region, based at Sefton Park and TQEH.
Client consents, is willing to adopt recommended strategies and interventions, and:
- is living in the CALHN region (community and low level care)
- is aged 65 years or older, or 50 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI)
- has history of two or more falls in the past 12 months or one fall with a serious injury
- has multiple co-morbidities
- has not had a recent review by geriatrician or multidisciplinary program
- does not have an acute fracture or acute illness (is medically stable).
Note: Permanent residents of high level care are not eligible for this service
- CALHN Falls assessment clinics fact sheet (PDF 346KB)
- CALHN Falls assessment clinics GP flyer (PDF 319KB)
- CALHN Falls assessment clinic referral form (PDF 150KB)
- SA Safety and Quality - Falls Prevention information
Please view the CALHN Geriatric services web page for more information.