Disasters and mental health resources
Resources to help you prepare
- Community booklet — Supporting mental health recovery in the community after a disaster (PDF 316KB)
- Supporting mental health recovery in the community after a disaster: service provider fact sheet (PDF 128KB)
- Mental health recovery after a disaster: community fact sheet (PDF 111KB)
- Mental health recovery after a disaster post card (PDF 145KB).
Australian Red Cross
- Looking after yourself after a disaster (web page)
- Emotional responses after a disaster (Brochure)
- Looking after yourself and your family after a disaster (Fact sheet and planner/worksheet)
Trauma and Grief Network
- Friends supporting friend’s factsheet
- Supporting your child’s recovery after trauma (PDF 468KB) (fact sheet)
SA Country Fire Service
- CFS 5 Minute Bushfire Plan
- CFS Be bushfire ready
- CFS Preparing yourself for a bushfire – physical and emotional preparation.
Information of children, young people and families
- Preparing children for the threat of bushfire
- Red Cross Pillowcase Project
- DECD Bushfires and Your Child’s School or Preschool
- CFS Fire safety activities
- Bushfire preparedness for families.
- Emerging Minds: Community Trauma Toolkit