Eligibility - CTAD
Am I Eligible?
Find out if you are eligible to be referred to Centre for Treatment of Anxiety and Depression (CTAD).
Criteria for CTAD referrals
You are welcome to be referred to CTAD if you:
- live in the western suburbs of Adelaide (such as, north of Anzac Highway, west of Prospect Road/West Terrace)
CTAD may NOT be a choice of treatment for you if:
- you are addicted to drugs or alcohol and are still using these substances. In this case, we recommend addressing this problem before attempting cognitive therapy for anxiety/depression. You can find help from the SA Health website
- you are regularly deliberately harming yourself. In this case, we recommend you obtain a mental health assessment from a private psychiatrist, psychologist or local community mental health team. There is a specific program called dialectical behaviour therapy that may be especially helpful for you
- you have difficulty understanding or remembering simple conversations. Please consult with your general practitioner about obtaining a cognitive assessment to understand the cause of these difficulties
- you are taking benzodiazepine medication (such as Valium, Karma/Xanax) and you have difficulties with concentration or memory. Caution: you should discuss these with your general practitioner before attempting CBT.
If you are not eligible to attend CTAD, you may consider seeking assistance from other services. You can search for a suitable service using Find a psychologist.
Conditions treated at CTAD
CTAD specialises in the treatment of:
- Major depressive disorder and persistent depressive disorder
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Illness anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Specific phobias
Telephone: (08) 8222 8100
Facsimile: (08) 8222 8101