Ophthalmology/Eye Services at Flinders Medical Centre
The Department of Ophthalmology at Flinders Medical Centre (FMC) is the centre of excellence for academic ophthalmology in South Australia.
With joint support from Flinders University, activities include:
- research and teaching programs
- clinical services at the Flinders Eye Centre including day surgery
- an eye clinic at Morphett Vale servicing the southern suburbs
The Department also hosts the:
- Eye Bank of South Australia (donor tissue for corneal transplantation)
- Australian Corneal Graft Registry
- Australia and New Zealand Registry of Advanced Glaucoma (ANZRAG)
The Flinders Eye Centre offers care for complex eye diseases and our consultant ophthalmologists have a range of subspecialties.
Other services available: contact lens specialist and orthoptist.
Head of Department - Associate Professor Richard Mills
Telephone: (08) 8204 4624
Fax: (08) 8277 0899
Flinders Eye Centre
Flinders Eye Centre Clinic offers public and private (Medicare bulk billed) services for people with medical conditions of the eye. The clinic manages all types of ophthalmological problems.
Telephone: (08) 8204 4219 or 8204 4252
Fax: (08) 8404 2040
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
Location: Level 2, Flinders Private Hospital
Directions: Use Western Carpark, enter through Northern Entrance
Turn left through walkway at Kangaroo lifts into Flinders Private Hospital. Follow corridor to the left and destination is located on the left.
Map: Flinders Medial Centre Precinct Map (PDF 587KB)