Biomedical Engineering Services at Flinders Medical Centre
Flinders Biomedical Engineering (FBE) is a joint department of SA Biomedical Engineering (SA BME) and the College of Medicine and Public Health (CMPH), Flinders University.
FBE is committed to ensuring that biomedical technology needed by its clients is appropriate, available, safe, used effectively, functioning correctly and compliant with relevant laws, regulations and standards.
Flinders Biomedical Engineering provides consistent and appropriate management of biomedical technology through
- Procurement and commissioning support
- Technology pre-operational testing, commissioning and installation
- Technology registration and auditing
- Technology maintenance planning
- Technical support to users of biomedical technology
- Advisory on Australian Standards, regulations and legislation
- Biomedical technology use and pre-use training
- Technology hazard and recall management
- Development of innovative biomedical technology to support research and clinical care
FBE and SABME in collaboration with their commercial partner, FBE Pty Ltd, are able to offer the following services
- Consultancy and training services both locally and internationally
- Development of training courses in association with accredited bodies
- Customised practical training
- Development of hands-on vocational training
- Work placement programs
- Commercialisation of innovative biomedical technology
- Instrument servicing and calibration
For further information please visit:
FBE has an established history both nationally and internationally in biomedical engineering.
Location: Room 3E 124, Level 3, Flinders Medical Centre
Directions: Use Western Carpark, enter through Main Entrance.
Take Stairs to Level 2, walk to end of corridor, take Frog lifts to Level 3, your destination will be down the corridor on your left.
Map: Flinders Medical Centre Precinct Map (587KB)