Infectious Disease Clinic at Flinders Medical Centre
FMC Infectious Diseases Clinic offers public and private (Medicare bulk billed) services and manages infections:
- requiring epidemiological control measures, eg food-borne diseases, tuberculosis, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases, gastrointestinal carriage of Salmonella, carriage of drug-resistant organisms, recurrent staphylococcal infections
- with medicolegal impact
- requiring specialised microbiological testing or prolonged antimicrobial therapy
The clinic also manages:
- acute illness requiring prompt microbiological laboratory testing and rapid control
- subacute or chronic illnesses likely to be infectious eg P.U.O
- Human Immune Deficiency (AIDS) virus
- the follow up of recent in-patients and those receiving Hospital @ Home antibiotics
- Hepatitis B and C
The clinic also advises international travellers regarding risk and prevention and reviews returned travellers.
ID Consultants who bulk bill private patients to Medicare
Professor David Gordon
Dr Nicholas Anagnostou
Dr Santhosh Daniel
Dr Kelly Papanaoum
Dr Emily Tucker
Visit SALHN specialist and outpatient clinics to access referral and management GP guidelines.
Referral forms and processes are outlined in the outpatient referral process section.
Telephone: (08) 8204 8953
Fax: (08) 8204 8960
Hours: Tuesday afternoons and Friday mornings
Location: Level 2 (Clinic M), Flinders Medical Centre
Directions: Use Western Carpark, enter through Main Entrance
Take stairs to Level 2, turn right down corridor before the Koala lifts. Follow corridor until destination is on the right.
Map: Flinders Medical Centre Precinct Map (PDF 587KB)