Adult Allergy and Clinical Immunology Clinic at Flinders Medical Centre
The Adult Allergy and Clinical Immunology Clinic provides public services for adults and transition care to children >16years with serious and complex immunological and allergic diseases. The clinic investigates serious allergic and immunological conditions such as:
- Anaphylaxis (multiple system involvement) triggered by food, drug, insect sting or
- Idiopathic Systemic Autoimmune Disease
- Urticaria if daily and present for >6 weeks duration and failed medical management
- Recurrent angioedema (without urticaria) if C4 reduced or >6 weeks duration
- Complicated beta-lactam allergy
- Drug allergy
- Atopic exzema after trial of medical management
- Rhinoconjunctivitis after trial of medical management
- Suspected immunodeficiency
- Complicated IgE- medicated food allergy (FA)
- Uncomplicated IgE- medicated food allergy
Important information for new patients - A skin prick test (allergy test) may be required on your first visit. Antihistamines interfere with allergy testing - Please cease all antihistamines 3 days (5 days if on Zyrtec) prior to your consult. However, if you are using antihistamines as treatment, do not stop these medications; contact the allergy nurse if you have any queries.
Continue using intra-nasal corticosteroids (Rhinocort, Nasonex) and asthma medications if you need them for medical conditions.
Please note: PBS pharmacy costs apply to prescriptions.
Consultants who bulk bill private patients to Medicare:
Dr Anthony Smith
Dr Tiffany Hughes
Prof Tom Gordon
Please include adequate clinical details on a named referral.
Visit SALHN specialist and outpatient clinics to access referral and management GP guidelines.
Referral forms and processes are outlined in the outpatient referral process section.
For further information contact an allergy nurse on ph: 8204 7201.
Telephone: (08) 8204 7201
Fax: (08) 8204 7483
Hours: Friday mornings
Location: Medicine Clinic, Level 2 (Clinic M)
Directions: Use Western Carpark, enter through Main Entrance.
Take stairs to Level 2, turn right down corridor before the Koala lifts, follow corridor until destination is on the right.
Map: Flinders Medical Centre Precinct Map (PDF 587KB)