Car parking fees exemptions for metropolitan hospitals
The following exemptions apply for Royal Adelaide Hospital, Flinders Medical Centre, Modbury Hospital, Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Lyell McEwin Hospital, Noarlunga Hospital and Women's and Children's Hospital:
- Patients, or parents or carers of a baby / young child patient, who are required to attend the hospital for clinical reasons at least once a week for a period of at least four (4) weeks.
- Volunteers approved by the Health facility manager (or delegate).
- Bicycle parking in designated locations (this does not include motor cycles).
Please note other patients / relatives or carers may be eligible for car parking exemptions; subject to the approval of the Health facility manager (or delegate).
For more information on how to apply for a car parking fee exemption see the car parking officer at the relevant site.
Are there any situations where I don’t have to pay for car parking?
- Short-term drop-off parking near the Emergency Department is available free of charge.
- There is free short-term parking for patient drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) gold card holders will need to pay for parking but can get their costs reimbursed from the DVA by submitting a claim.
- DVA white card holders will need to pay for parking but can claim a reimbursement from the DVA for any costs that relate to treatment of their relevant condition.
Accessible parking areas for people with disabilities
Accessible parking for people with state government issued Disability Parking Permits are available. The Disability Parking Permit must be displayed at all times when parking in these locations.
Where there are time restricted car parks on hospital sites, people with a state government issued Disability Parking Permit will be allowed double the amount of car parking time than usual before penalties apply.
- For our pick up and drop
off parks (with signs indicating a time limit of 10 minutes)
– 20 minutes if a Disability Parking Permit is displayed.
- For our Emergency set
down parks (with signs indicating a time limit of 1 hour)
– 2 hours if a Disability Parking Permit is displayed.
- Please check signs at each site as they may differ.
As there are no time limits within the general car parks, people with a Disability Parking Permit will be charged at the normal rates in those areas.