For all emergencies phone 000
For all hospital enquiries:
Telephone: (08) 8581 1404
Fax: (08) 8581 1038
40 Ward Street Eudunda South Australia
40 Ward Street Eudunda SA 5374
Eudunda Hospital provides acute services ranging from in-hospital care for adults and children by local general practitioners to outpatients and aged care beds.
Patients may commence their stay at Eudunda Hospital but finish their care at one of the neighbouring hospitals with specialist medical or allied health input when required. All hospitals in the area work collaboratively to support the patient care needs of the region.
Accident and emergency services
The Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network has temporarily closed some of its accident and emergency services, where they are co-located with aged care facilities, to decrease the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and protect aged care residents in the Barossa Hills Fleurieu region.
The temporary closure applies to accident and emergency services at Eudunda Hospital.
Services to the people living in the aged care facility are continuing as planned and in accordance with the advice given by the Commonwealth Department of Health. General practitioners can continue to attend patients in the hospital and aged care residents, as required.
Members of the public requiring non-emergency medical attention should go to their local GP, dentist or pharmacy according to their presenting condition.
In an absolute medical emergency, call 000.
In a mental health emergency, call 13 14 65.
Restricted visitor access
BHFLHN has applied restricted access to all of our acute and residential aged care facilities. Public access to the facilities are no longer open to all.
Patient and resident visitors:
- On any given day there can only be one visitor per patient or resident, attending for one visit of no more than 30 minutes.
- Visiting times will be between 12 and 1pm and 7 and 8pm. No visiting will be permitted outside of these hours except if the patient or resident is receiving palliative care services, when special arrangements will be made.
- The entrances will be staffed by nurses who will check that the visitor is one of the two people nominated by the patient or resident.
- When presenting at an entrance all visitors will screened against the following criteria and their temperature will be checked.
Visitors are not permitted if they have:
- returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- returned from another state or territory in the last 14 days.
- been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- have a fever or symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
- show an elevated temperature reading on the day.
- are under 16, except in exceptional circumstances.
- if they are not on the previously approved list of visitors.
- Once access has been granted, visitors will be provided with information and asked to go straight to the ward location or room. On arrival they will be required to wash their hands and practice social distancing for the 30-minute visit.
For information and updates on COVID-19:
- visit Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network response to COVID-19 or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BHFLHN/
- visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019 or follow SA Health on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sahealth
- visit the Australian Government website at www.australia.gov.au or telephone the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
Parking is available at the front of the hospital. There is also disabled parking on site.
Eudunda Hospital has full disability access. If you have special needs and are unsure, please contact reception who will assist you with your specific enquiry.