Angaston District Hospital
For all emergencies phone 000
For all hospital enquiries:
Telephone: (08) 8563 8500
Fax: (08) 8563 8537
For all emergencies call 000
29 North Street Angaston South Australia
PO Box 270 Angaston SA 5353
Angaston District Hospital provides acute services ranging from in-hospital care for adults and children by local general practitioners to specialist surgical and outpatients.
Patients may commence their stay at Angaston District Hospital but finish their care at one of the neighbouring hospitals with specialist medical or allied health input when required. All hospitals in the area work collaboratively to support the patient care needs of the region.
Accident and emergency services
In a medical emergency phone 000 and await ambulance attendance
When you arrive at the Angaston District Hospital accident and emergency service, you will be seen by a nurse to collect information and assess your illness or injury prior to seeing a doctor.
Mental health emergencies
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency you can present to the accident and emergency service at Angaston District Hospital.
Alternatively, contact the Rural and Remote Mental Health Service on 13 14 65 for mental health counselling, support and information 24 hours, 7 days.
Restricted visitor access
BHFLHN has applied restricted access to all of our acute and residential aged care facilities. Public access to the facilities are no longer open to all.
Patient and resident visitors:
- On any given day there can only be one visitor per patient or resident, attending for one visit of no more than 30 minutes.
- Visiting times will be between 12 and 1pm and 7 and 8pm. No visiting will be permitted outside of these hours except if the patient or resident is receiving palliative care services, when special arrangements will be made.
- The entrances will be staffed by nurses who will check that the visitor is one of the two people nominated by the patient or resident.
- When presenting at an entrance all visitors will screened against the following criteria and their temperature will be checked.
Visitors are not permitted if they have:
- returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- returned from another state or territory in the last 14 days.
- been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- have a fever or symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
- show an elevated temperature reading on the day.
- are under 16, except in exceptional circumstances.
- if they are not on the previously approved list of visitors.
- Once access has been granted, visitors will be provided with information and asked to go straight to the ward location or room. On arrival they will be required to wash their hands and practice social distancing for the 30-minute visit.
For information and updates on COVID-19:
- visit Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network response to COVID-19 or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BHFLHN/
- visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019 or follow SA Health on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sahealth
- visit the Australian Government website at www.australia.gov.au or telephone the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
Parking is available on site at the front of the hospital as well as additional parking on North Street. There is also disabled parking on site.
Angaston District Hospital has full disability access. If you have special needs and are unsure, please contact reception who will assist you with your specific enquiry.