healthdirect is a National health advice and information service which provides online and telephone access to trusted health information and advice.
On the healthdirect website, you can:
- Use a symptom checker to get personalised advice on the appropriate healthcare action e.g. if you need to see a doctor or go to your nearest hospital or emergency department. It helps you understand symptoms and possible signs of illness, causes and complications. Symptom Checker is available via the healthdirect website and app.
- Use the service finder to find information about the location, opening times, area of specialty and bulk billing information for local health services.
- Find information about medical conditions.
- Find easy to understand medication information.
- Find a Question Builder that assists patients and doctors to make the most of their consultation time by preparing patients with questions they may want to ask.
- Access details on how to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Access details on how to speak to a GP after-hours.
- Access a 5 minute health questionnaire to assess your risk for heart disease, diabetes and kidney disease, and get practical tips on how to lower your risks (not suitable for people under 18 years or for women who are pregnant).
To download the healthdirect App, search 'healthdirect' in your App Store or Google Play.
More information on healthdirect is available in the following languages: