Services at Adelaide Dental Hospital
The Adelaide Dental Hospital has moved to North Terrace. See our frequently asked questions for more information.
Specialist services are available at the hospital by referral from the Community Dental Clinic. Services include:
- tooth removal
- surgical procedures of the mouth and jaws (oral and maxillofacial surgery)
- banding (orthodontics)
- root canal treatment (endodontics)
- diseases of the gums (Periodontics)
- dentures (removal prosthodontics)
- crowns and bridges (fixed and removable prosthodontics)
- special needs dentistry for medically, physically and intellectually disabled patients.
General dental care
General services are available at the hospital by referral from a Community Dental Clinic. Services include:
- check ups (examination and prevention)
- cleaning (examination and prevention)
- root canal treatment (simple endodontics)
- simple fixed and removable dentures, crowns and bridges (prosthodontics)
- simple tooth removal
General dental services are provided primarily by undergraduate students under the supervision of qualified dentists. Community Dental Clinic patients may be asked to attend the hospital to have their care provided by students. General dental services may also be provided by qualified dentists.
Fees and waiting times apply for all specialist and general dental care. Staff will discuss any fees with you prior to your treatment.