COVID-19 update 367
21 October 2021
COVID-19 Vaccination for additional healthcare settings
The Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination No 2) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 came into effect at 4.50pm 20 October 2021.
This Direction expands the COVID-19 vaccination requirements to cover people working in:
- primary community healthcare facilities (general practice clinics, dental clinics, private nurse offices);
- specialist outpatient facilities (including consulting suites of private medical specialists, including reproductive services, and any setting provided by allied health and scientific professionals);
- private pathology centres;
- private radiology centres (including breast screening centre);
- defence health settings (including Garrison health centres, deployed and exercise health support and clinical health training);
- facilities for the collection, manufacture and distribution of blood and biological products;
- Aboriginal community controlled health services;
- the Department for Health and Wellbeing, the Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health and Wellbeing SA.
Staff working in these additional healthcare settings must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with a TGA approved vaccine, with the first dose being completed by 8 November 2021.
The second dose for all workers covered under this Direction must be completed within the interval recommended by ATAGI.
More information, including the new Direction and frequently asked questions, is available at www.covid-19.sa.gov.au.
COVID-19 case update
There is one new historical case of COVID-19 reported today. Today’s case is a man in his 30s who acquired his infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival into South Australia. The case is not active but has been included in our case numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
South Australia COVID-19 statistics
- 1 new cases today
- 0 people in hospital
- 8 active COVID-19 cases
- 917 confirmed cases in total
- 905 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 2,035,423 total vaccine doses administered
- Latest vaccination data not available at time of release
- 5,540 tests yesterday
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
SA.GOV.AU is a dedicated COVID-19 gateway, linking to relevant information on state and federal government websites.