COVID-19 update 349
23 September 2021
Cross Border Travel Direction update
From 5.08pm 23 September 2021, a new Cross Border Travel - Associated Direction came into effect. Changes include:
- Commercial transport and freight arrival by road – vaccination requirement is now from 7 October 2021 (changed from 27 September).
- In any other case – vaccination requirement is now from 11 October 2021 (changed from 24 September).
The new Direction and updated frequently asked questions is available at www.covid-19.sa.gov.au.
SA exposure locations
SA Health has identified exposure locations in South Australia associated with a positive case of COVID-19 interstate. Action is required by the community.
Check the exposure locations and relevant public health actions at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
COVID-19 case updateThere is one new historical case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. Today's case is a woman in her 40s who acquired her infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since her arrival into South Australia. The case is not active but has been included in our numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
South Australia COVID-19 statistics
- 1 new cases today
- 0 people in hospital
- 6 active COVID-19 cases
- 900 confirmed cases in total
- 890 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 1,597,484 total vaccine doses administered
- 64.5% second dose vaccinated (16+)
- 45.9% first dose vaccinated (16+)
- 5,577 tests yesterday
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
SA.GOV.AU is a dedicated COVID-19 gateway, linking to relevant information on state and federal government websites.