Worker incidents in Safety Learning System
Work Health and Safety reporting is a new feature
Work Health and Safety incidents cover:
- hazards, such as equipment faults, environmental factors
- incidents with no harm, such as something has happened but no-one got hurt
- incidents with injury, such as including muscular stress, challenging
behaviour andvehicle accidents
SA Health workers
WHS incident reporting expands SLS to anyone carrying out work in any capacity for SA Health. This is in line with the Work Health and Safety Act (SA) legislation to include:
- employees (staff)
Any worker can report WHS incidents using SLS
Managers, Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Work Health and Safety Professionals are the SLS Users for WHS incidents who need to login to the system so that they can record details of their investigation and review.
If you need login access or any further assistance with using the system please contact your Work Health and Safety (WHS) unit.
Accessing SLS on SA Health computers
On your work computer, click the following
Start > All Programs > Corporate programs > SAH Applications > Safety Learning System
Updates and outages
For a list of recent and upcoming SLS updates and outages, see the Safety Learning System Notice page.
Frequently asked questions
A set of frequently asked questions has been developed for the following groups using the Safety Learning System:
- Work Health and Safety SLS Manager FAQ (PDF 115KB)
- Work Health and Safety SLS Health and Safety Representatives FAQ (PDF 157KB)
- Work Health and Safety SLS - Reporting Worker Incidents Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 129KB).
Hazard and Incide How to Manage a WHS Hazard or Incident (PDF 1054KB) is designed for those with investigation and review responsibilities for hazards and incidents affecting workers.
Hazard and Incident Reporting Guide
The How to Report a Work Health and Safety Hazard or Incident (PDF 542KB) is designed for those needing to report hazards or incidents affecting workers
Quick start guides
Users Quick Start Guide (PDF 281KB): Guide on how to login to the Safety Learning System