Consumer and community engagement
SA Health values the importance of engaging with consumers and the community, a culture of caring, learning and supporting employees to actively engage and partner with consumers and the community. SA Health is raising awareness of the positive contributions consumers and the community are making to improve health service, quality, equality and management.
SA Health is committed to two way communications that involves listening to consumers, carers and the community, keeping them informed and being clear about how their contributions are being used.
Consumer and Community Engagement Governance Model
The Consumer and Community Engagement Governance model (PDF 66KB) outlines the consumer and community advisory groups involved in service planning, designing care, measuring and evaluating health care services.
How to get involved
Current SA Health policies, guidelines and tools include:
- A Framework for Active Partnership with Consumers and the Community (PDF 339KB)
- Guide for Engaging with Consumers and the Community (PDF 1KB)
- Consumer and Community Advisory Committee / Group (CACAC / CAG) Policy Guideline and Toolkit (PDF 1.2MB)
- Guide to Engaging with Aboriginal people (PDF 531KB)
- Partnering with Consumers Accreditation Resource (PDF 1031KB)
- Sitting Fees Reimbursement Policy (PDF 149KB)
Safety and Quality Unit
Telephone: 8226 2567