Forms and resources for the Drugs of Dependence Unit
Appealing an administrative decision made by the Drugs of Dependence Unit
Authorities to treat Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Authorities to treat Opioid dependence
MATOD Program (Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Dependence)
Authorities to prescribe
Opioids – pain management
- Authority application (PDF 2MB)
- Process for granting authorities to treat pain with Opioid drugs of dependence (PDF 92KB)
- Opioid prescription in chronic pain conditions: guidelines for South Australian General Practitioners (PDF 8.29MB)
- Disposal of transdermal opioid patches (PDF 452KB)
Schedule 8 benzodiazepines (Flunitrazepam, Alprazolam)
Schedule 8 stimulants - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Narcolepsy and other conditions
Renewal for opioid, stimulant, alprazolam and sedative
Further information regarding patient access to medicinal cannabis in South Australia can be found on the medicinal cannabis page.
Notified Palliative Care Patient (NPCP) notification for exemption
Customer service benchmarks
Customer Feedback Framework (PDF 129KB) - includes customer feedback form
Drug seeking behaviour
Privileged Circular Access Application form (PDF 218KB) - Health practitioners may use this form to apply for access to view our online Privileged Circular.
Forged and/or fraudulently altered prescription notifications
Health practitioner’s legal obligations under the Controlled Substances Act 1984 and its regulations
Monthly drugs of dependence prescription returns
Restrictions on prescribing, administering or supplying drugs
Theft and loss of medications from health facilities and licence or permit holders
Urine drug screen when prescribing drugs of dependence
Online Privileged Circular
Under Section 58 of the Controlled Substances Act 1984 (SA), the Minister responsible for the Act is permitted to publish information relating to persons who have been determined on reasonable grounds as having:
- A history of consuming drugs in a quantity or manner that presents a risk to the person’s health, or
- Obtained or attempted to obtain drugs by false pretences or other unlawful means, or
- Obtained or attempted to obtain drugs for an unlawful purpose, for the purpose of preventing or restricting further supply of these drugs to those persons.
Any information disclosed to me may not represent the listed person’s complete picture of drug-seeking or unlawful behaviour.
There may be people who are obtaining drugs by false pretences or unlawful means who are not captured by the Circular.
It is a condition of this agreement that I must not disclose my password, or any information contained in the Online Privileged Circulars, to any other person except so far as is necessary to prevent or restrict further supplies of drugs
Please complete the Privileged Circular Access Application form (PDF 218KB) to obtain access to the Online Privileged Circular.