Forms and resources for the Drugs of Dependence Unit
Appealing an administrative decision made by the Drugs of Dependence Unit
Authorities to treat Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Authorities to treat Opioid dependence
- MATOD authority application (PDF 2MB)
- Guidelines for prescribing take away doses
- Assessing the potential harms of providing take away doses risk assessment (PDF 152KB)
- Additional take away request (PDF 207KB)
- Incident Report (PDF 184KB)
- Accredited Prescriber Notification form for Buprenorphine or split dosing of Methadone (PDF 254KB)
- MATOD Program frequently asked questions
Authorities to prescribe
Opioids – pain management
Schedule 8 benzodiazepines (Flunitrazepam, Alprazolam)
Schedule 8 stimulants - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Narcolepsy and other conditions
Renewal for opioid, stimulant, alprazolam and sedative
Further information regarding patient access to medicinal cannabis in South Australia can be found on the medicinal cannabis page.
Notified Palliative Care Patient (NPCP) notification for exemption
Drug seeking behaviour
- Recognising and Handling Drug Dependent Patients (PDF 172KB)
- Notification of a person suspected of obtaining or attempting to obtain a prescription drug by false pretences or other unlawful means (PDF 150KB)
- Privileged Circular Access Application form (PDF 218KB) - Health practitioners may use this form to apply for access to view our online Privileged Circular.
Forged and/or fraudulently altered prescription notifications
Health practitioner’s legal obligations under the Controlled Substances Act 1984 and its regulations
- Medical practitioners (PDF 115KB)
- Nurses and midwives (PDF 110KB)
- Veterinarians (PDF 71KB)
- Dentists (PDF 76KB)
- Pharmacists (PDF 111KB)
Monthly drugs of dependence prescription returns
- General information (PDF 90KB)
- Notification of NIL supplies or approval number change (PDF 741KB)
- Instructions for electronic submission of drugs of dependence prescription returns (PDF 528KB)
Restrictions on prescribing, administering or supplying drugs
Theft and loss of medications from health facilities and licence or permit holders
- Policy for reporting theft or loss of drugs subject to abuse or diversion (PDF 209KB) - includes form
Urine drug screen when prescribing drugs of dependence
Online Privileged Circular
Under Section 58 of the Controlled Substances Act 1984 (SA), the Minister responsible for the Act is permitted to publish information relating to persons who have been determined on reasonable grounds as having:
- A history of consuming drugs in a quantity or manner that presents a risk to the person’s health, or
- Obtained or attempted to obtain drugs by false pretences or other unlawful means, or
- Obtained or attempted to obtain drugs for an unlawful purpose, for the purpose of preventing or restricting further supply of these drugs to those persons.
Any information disclosed to me may not represent the listed person’s complete picture of drug-seeking or unlawful behaviour.
There may be people who are obtaining drugs by false pretences or unlawful means who are not captured by the Circular.
It is a condition of this agreement that I must not disclose my password, or any information contained in the Online Privileged Circulars, to any other person except so far as is necessary to prevent or restrict further supplies of drugs
Please complete the Privileged Circular Access Application form (PDF 218KB) to obtain access to the Online Privileged Circular.