Influenza resources and links for health professionals
Emergency Departments and General Practice
The Guideline for Emergency Departments and General Practice flowchart (PDF 68KB) guides you through the clinical and public health management for people with influenza. Important infection control measures are also provided within this flowchart.
- Flu alert poster for patients (PDF 57KB)
- Visitor Alert – Flu/Gastro Poster – Portrait (PDF 81KB)
- Visitor Alert – Flu/Gastro Poster – Landscape (PDF 77KB)
Residential Care Facilities
The Guideline for Influenza Outbreak Prevention and Management in Residential Care Facilities in South Australia (PDF 50KB) provides information on how to:
- prepare for an influenza outbreak
- manage a suspected outbreak of influenza
- manage a confirmed outbreak of influenza
- Flu alert poster for visitors (PDF 42KB)
Pregnancy and influenza
Is your patient pregnant or has recently given birth? The Managing pregnant women with suspected influenza fact sheet provides health professionals with information on influenza prevention, testing, treatment and prophylaxis in pregnant women. Important considerations in influenza management during each trimester, delivery and in the post-partum period are also discussed.
Patient fact sheets
Information on influenza (seasonal) designed for patients.
Public Health Alerts issued by SA Health
Wash, Wipe, Cover, SA Health
Infection Control, SA Health
Immunisation Section, SA Health
Emergency Management, SA Health
Therapeutic Goods Administration, Australian Government, Department of Health and Ageing